Procedure for Administering the AEPSM
NOTE: The AEPSM (Yeager) program will change, on or about 1 January 2002, to use the new book Aerospace: The Journey of Flight. (This is the hardback book issued January 2001 for cadet officers.) After that date, new tests will be issued and the old book (Aerospace: the Challenge) will be phased out. - MD
[These instructions are based on pages 14-15 in CAPP 15, the Aerospace Education Officer Handbook. If you will be conducting a Yeager exam, you should read those pages, as well as paragraph 2.a.(2)(a) of CAPR 280-2. - MD]
1. Unit (squadron, sometimes group) requests exams, if they don't already have them, by filling out a CAPF 123 (yellow card) and sending it to the Wing Internal AEO.
2. The Wing Internal AEO sends the following to the unit:
3. The Wing Internal AEO also maintains and updates a CAPF 124 whenever they ship out exams to the squadrons.
4. The unit AEO administers the AEPSM exams to senior members only. Testees write answers on CAPF 23 (general purpose answer sheet) which the squadrons should have on hand. Testees may choose either method:
5. The unit's Test Control Officer maintains custody of the exams and answer keys when they are not in use by the AEO. Exams and answer keys must be kept under lock and key.
6. The unit's AEO sends a CAPF 126 and the entire CAPF 23 (not just the results section) for each testee to the Wing Internal AEO. Be sure that name and rank are printed clearly, as the name and rank on the form will be used to create the certificates.
7. The Unit's AEO gives a copy of the CAPF 126 to the unit's personnel officer, who places a copy in the personnel file of each person who passed the exam.
8. The Wing Internal AEO fills out the Yeager Award certificates (CAPC 20) and sends them to the unit.
9. The Wing Internal AEO sends a monthly report to HQ CAP on CAPF 127.
10. When the member has received the Yeager Certificate they may begin wearing the ribbon and miniature medal, which they can purchase from the Bookstore.
CAP Forms mentioned here can be downloaded from www.forms.cap.gov
CAP Regulations and Pamphlets mentioned here can be viewed and/or downloaded from http://www.capnhq.gov/docs/webregulations/pubsweb.htm